Honoring America's First Veterans
The Fishkill Supply Depot Historic Site is a Veterans based effort, joined by Historians and Patriotic Citizens of the Hudson Valley, to create a Historic Park for New York’s Revolutionary War-era Fishkill Supply Depot and its Military Cemetery.
A BIT OF BACKGROUND
Behind the Scenes
The Fishkill Supply Depot Historic Site was listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior on 21 January, 1974 at the original site first established by General George Washington in 1776 as the principle supply depot for the Continental Army.
The Fishkill Supply Depot Historic Site was one of the largest, continuously operated military bases of the American Revolution. As a Veterans led organization we are committed to the establishment of a National Military park at the original site, the protection and preservation of the original site, and Federal protection for the military cemetery on site where hundreds of Americas First Veterans lay buried in unmarked graves.
ESTABLISHED BY GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON
One of the largest military bases in America from 1776 - 1783
THE VALLEY FORGE OF NEW YORK
The Continental Army spent two winters at the Fishkill Supply Depot
AMERICA'S FIRST VETERANS
One of the largest Revolutionary War Military Cemeteries
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
Remembering the Service and Sacrifice of our First Veterans through Veteran led Protection and Preservation efforts
Expanding the Research and Understanding of the Fishkill Supply Depot Historic Site
Supporting efforts that will lead to the establishment of a permanent military park that honors the Veterans that once served and now lay buried at this site